In MBA or Masters of Business Administration, Finance is a specialization which teaches students about corporate finance topics like, but not limited to:
- Funding a company’s operations
- Types and sources of money
- Taking, servicing and repaying debt
- Financial services like share market, mutual funds, insurance, loans, credit cards, etc.
- Managing a company’s financial ratios
All of these are taught in addition to normal courses like operations management, marketing, accounting, corporate laws, etc., which are common to all MBA courses.
It opens various opportunities for students to purse a career as financial analyst, research analyst, financial risk analyst, auditors, CFO, investment managers and several other roles.